A Guide to RV Security
As an RVer, it’s paramount to keep your RV and yourself safe while traveling. While there are lots of tips for smart travel, many RV owners want the extra peace of mind that comes with an advanced security system. So our RV experts have made a list of our 3 favorite RV security systems to help you choose the best one for you.
Things You Need in an RV Security System
Before we jump into the best RV security systems, let’s first talk about what to look for in a security alarm system.
- Hassle-free installation: when it comes to RV security and alarm system installation, the simpler the better.
- Camera and monitoring system: you should find an RV security system that has monitoring as a priority. Some RVers prefer to be able to monitor the exterior of their RV from their phones while others prefer a specific monitoring screen.
- Burglar alarms or alerts: you need some form of notification if there is attempted forced entry into your RV.
Now, without further ado, here are 3 of the best RV security systems
Ring Alarm RV Security System
Ring is a smart RV security system that has the ability to work with your Alexa device and smartphone. You can monitor your RV from your smartphone and will receive alerts when doors or windows are opened as well as when movement is detected. Ring Alarm is a highly customizable RV security system with super easy installation and set up.
Some key features of Ring Alarm include:
- The ability to arm or disarm your security system using Alexa
- The ability to check the status of your RV security with your voice
- Monitoring your RV security from your smartphone while away
Tattletale RV Security System
Another one of the best RV security systems is Tattletale RV Alarm, which, while more expensive than Ring, is one of the most secure options out there. Some of the best features of the Tattletale RV security system include:
- Tattletale security system is tamper-proof
- This alarm system has specialized technology to allow for the fastest response when the alarm is triggered.
- RVers will receive mobile notifications any time the security system is breached
- The Tattletale alarm system has a specific feature for pet owners that helps avoid false alarms.
The final RV alarm system that we’re going to be looking into is the Reolink Argus Wireless Motorhome Security System. This RV burglary alarm system has features including:
- An audio system (many security systems don’t have this feature)
- Highly sensitive motion sensor and a night vision system to keep your RV protected at all hours
- Weatherproof model
- Large memory card so that RVers don’t need to worry about losing important footage.
Have RV Questions? Give Us a Call!
If you want to know additional tips for keeping your RV safe while on the road, contact our experts today. We’d be happy to answer your RVing questions or provide additional insight into RV security systems.
Or, if you are looking for the perfect RV for an upcoming adventure, visit our lot. We have a wide range of used RVs in excellent condition and would be happy to help you find the perfect fit for you.