RV Tire Maintenance: How Important Is It?
A class A motorhome is a luxury vehicle that has all the comfort of a home. Big enough for a family to live comfortably while you road trip around the country. There is ample storage space, built-in accessories, and WiFi capabilities. These vehicles are safe to drive because they are built using a strong, heavy-duty frame. If you’re looking for quality and luxury, then looking for a high-quality motorhome is the way to go.
The Importance Of Tire Maintenance
One of the most important aspects of your vehicle is its tires. They are the only thing connecting you to the road. If you have any issues with your tires you won’t be able to safely control your vehicle on the road.
There are numerous benefits to maintaining your tires. Driving on dirt roads, or roads that aren’t taken care of will shorten the life of your tires. Did you know that it’s estimated 11,000 crashes each year? Most of these accidents could have been avoided with proper tire maintenance.
Before setting out on your journey you should inspect the tires by performing a visual inspection. Look for cracks and missing tread. UV radiation exposure from the sun ages the rubber which leads to cracks and damage. This could cause your tires to slip and will make it harder to stop the vehicle. This will decrease tire safety.
Keep a close eye on the thread; this is an integral part of tire servicing. Change your tires as soon as the tread dwindles to 2/32 inches. Once the tread goes to this level it’s no longer safe to drive on those tires.
Having your tires balanced and rotated is extremely important to keep the suspension even. Balancing them will also prevent vibrations and ensure that your vehicle is safe to drive.
Tire maintenance ensures your safety.
Once the tread on the tires wears down, the tires struggle to grip the road, which leads to extremely unsafe driving conditions. The vehicle is more likely to skid and it will be much more difficult to stop.
To keep yourself safe on the road monitor the following:
- Overinflation: This will cause the tires to wear only in the center.
- Under inflation: Will cause wear on the outer edges of the tire.
- Treadwear and tear: if your tires are inflated correctly, then cupping may be occurring. This shows that the wheel is out of balance, or the shock absorbers need replacing.
Tire Maintenance: HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR TIRES TIPS AND GUIDE
5 top tips for tire care and safe tires
- Ensure to check your tire pressure at least once a month, and before setting out on any long journey. The leading cause of road accidents is underinflated tires. They lead to unsafe driving conditions, increased gas usage, as well as decreased vehicle handling.
- Inspect your tires regularly and look for signs of damage.
- Rotate your tires every 6,000 to 8,000 miles.
- Don’t overload your vehicle
- Don’t install mismatched tires. This can negatively impact the handling of your vehicle and cause wear and tear on the tires.
Keeping yourself safe on the road is very important, so never compromise on tire safety. If you’re looking at joining the luxury motor vehicle lifestyle Used RV Sales and Services in Kirkland, WA is sure to get you rolling. Follow these tire safety tips so you remain safe and secure on the road. For your inquiries just contact us today.
Road trips are the perfect way to create long-lasting memories. The more often you drive, the more often you will need to have your tires inspected. Stay safe and happy traveling.