Top RV Destinations for an Unforgettable Family Vacation
Summertime isn’t just right around the corner anymore! It snuck up on all of us and now it’s in full swing. With how fast the summer seems to come and go, it is always difficult to decide on summertime activities:
- When to go on a family vacation?
- Where to go on a family vacation?
- What to do while you are on a family vacation?
If you have an RV, you know that the potential for a great family vacation is nearly limitless. With all of those excellent vacation options though, it can be difficult to decide where you are going to go and what you’re going to do.
Don’t let your destination analysis lead to paralysis. We are going to help you decide what your summer vacation potential can be by narrowing down your decisions into 10 great options of where you can go this summer.
Things To Bring on Your Summer RV Vacation
Before you get ready to jump in your RV and set a course for your summer destination, make sure you have all of the right gear to make for the best time possible.
Here is a quick list of everything we recommend you take with you on your summer RV vacation.
- Fun and Games: Always make sure you have entertainment for the entire family while you’re on the road. Target seems like they are always running great specials on card games and fun board games you and your family can play while at your campsite or on the road. You also may want to look into buying some fun, outdoor campsite games for you and the family. Bring a variety of fun outdoor games that could include basketball, football, baseball, Spike Ball, ladder ball, Frisbee, disc golf, or other outdoor activities that you and your family may enjoy.
- Bathing suits and towels: What would an RV summer vacation be without the prospect of jumping in the ocean or a lake near your campsite? Make sure you have plenty of bathing suits and towels for the entire family – you may also want to get yourself some water shoes for rocky lakes or rivers.
- Kitchen and food supplies: Make sure you have a good supply of kitchen utensils before you hit the road. Plates, mugs, bowls, silverware, cookware, and soap are essentials while you’re on the road. Make sure that you have snacks for the whole family in case anyone gets hungry.
- Outdoor supplies: Planning on having a fire or grilling out while you are on the road? You may want to bring your own portable grill (if you don’t have one built into your RV). It’s always a good idea to bring some comfortable camping chairs for enjoying the great outdoors, and a hammock for lazy days in the sun or the shade.
Now, let’s take a look at some of the top RV destinations on the West Coast!
Top RV Destinations on the West Coast
1. San Diego, CA
Looking for a relaxing beach vacation? Look no further than sunny San Diego, California. Whether you want to be beach front on Pacific Beach or out in Chula Vista, San Diego provides the perfect weather, beautiful beaches, and tons of outdoor activities for you and your family to enjoy.
2. Redwood National Forest, CA
If you are the outdoorsy type and want to see the most spectacular forest you could possibly imagine, you have to see the giant redwoods in Northern California. Thankfully, there are tons of great campsites in the area that you can stay at to enjoy the natural beauty of the park.
3. Yosemite National Park, CA
If you haven’t been yet, Yosemite National Park has some of the most incredible views that California can offer. Check out the vantage points at Glacier Point, Half Dome, and the Yosemite Valley – they’re absolutely breathtaking. Yosemite also has tons of great activities, from shopping and hiking to outdoor exploration.
4. Malibu Beach, CA
When some of us imagine vacation, it’s on a serene beach you can kick back on to enjoy the view of the ocean. Malibu, California has incredible beachfront RV campsites where you can enjoy the ocean breeze. Malibu also has some beautiful hiking that you can enjoy along the coast, through the valleys, and in the Santa Monica mountains.
5. Palm Springs, CA
Palm Springs, California is home to some of the most beautiful desert camping you’ll find in the west. Palm Springs was once known as the top vacation destination for some of Hollywood’s top A-list celebrities for a reason. It has everything you could possibly want in a vacation, including swimming, shopping, golf, desert excursion, tours, a zoo, and even ice skating!
6. Del Valle Regional Park (Wine Country), CA
Ever dreamed of going to wine country, but thought that it may not be the right place for a family vacation? Contrary to popular belief, there are a ton of great family activities that you can find in the heart of wine country, from go-karting and mini-golfing to cheese sampling, family entertainment centers, and farm/outdoor tours.
7. Seattle, WA
If you prefer the city life and enjoying the heart of the northwest, Seattle may be just the place for you. Whether you want to go outdoors to walk around the Puget Sound, or stay in the city and check out the Space Needle, Seattle has tons to offer. The birthplace of some of the best known coffee in the world and the always-cool weather makes for a great city or outdoor adventure.
8. Portland, OR
Portland is a beautiful city to explore with your family during your RV summer vacation. Not only are you going to have fabulous, mild summer weather, there are tons of activities for you and your family to enjoy in one of the crown jewel cities of the northwest including:
- The Portland Children’s Museum
- The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry
- Tons of great family-friendly dining options
- The Oregon Zoo
- Incredible outdoor hiking that’s great for the whole family
Have A Great Trip!
We hope this list has been inspiring! The sun is shining, and adventure awaits you and your family. If you’re looking for an RV for your summer vacation, contacts us online or give us a call at (425) 318-7613.