What Is a Class B Motorhome
What is a Class B RV? What is a Class B Plus motorhome? Is there a difference between the two?
If you’re planning your next great adventure and want to get a vehicle that is reliable, comfortable, compact, and efficient, a Class B motorhome is just the thing for you.
Continue reading to learn more about the pros and cons of Class B motorhomes as well as where to get your Class B RV from or get in touch with Kirkland RV to speak with one of our staff about our selection of Class B motorhomes.
What Is a Class B Motorhome?
A Class B motorhome is an RV that is built on the chassis of a van (such as a sprinter van or VW van). It is best suited for smaller traveling groups, couples, or singles due to its compact size.
Even though it doesn’t have the dimensions of a fifth-wheel RV, Class B motorhomes are still able to pack quite a bit in their small size and usually come outfitted with amenities such as a galley kitchen, outdoor shower hookup, and a comfortable bed.
What Is a Class B+ Motorhome?
A Class B+ motorhome is simply a larger Class B RV.
Class B+ motorhomes are a sort of RV hybrid — a mix between a Class B and a Class C RV. They are sometimes built on the chassis of a school bus (or another type of bus) and have slightly more space than a plain Class B RV.
Pros & Cons Of Class B Motor Homes
What are the pros and cons of having a Class B RV?
- Great for small or narrow roads.
- Easier to handle, drive, and park.
- Possesses all of the same necessary amenities as larger RVs (a toilet, shower hookup, mini-fridge, etc.).
- Vehicle issues are much easier to diagnose and fix than with larger RVs as most automotive shops have the tools and parts to fix Class B issues easily.
- More cost-effective when it comes to fuel.
- More affordable than buying a larger RV.
Now let’s take a look at some of the cons of Class B RVs.
- Limited storage and counter space.
- Not ideal for more than two people.
- You only have room for a mini-fridge so you will need to shop for groceries often.
Best Class B Recreational Vehicles
Here are eight of the best Class B motorhomes that you should consider as you’re shopping around for your next vacation vehicle:
- Coachmen Galleria
- Winnebago Revel
- Airstream Interstate
- Pleasure-Way Plateau
- Winnebago Era
- Dodge Ram Promaster
- Winnebago Travato
- Mercedes Sprinter
Where To Find Your Next Type B Motorhome
If you’re in search of your next Class B recreational vehicle, get in touch with Kirkland RV today.
At our lot, we sell used, high-quality RV Class B vehicles and our team would be happy to help you find the best vehicle for your road tripping needs.
Get in touch with us or stop by and visit our lot to view our selection of premium used Class B motorhomes.