What to Look for When Buying a Used Travel Trailer?
Are you wondering what to look for when buying a used RV? What are red flags to be aware of when buying a travel trailer? Let’s answer these questions!
Buying a used motorhome is a daunting task. Not only do you have a list of personal preferences and requirements for your future RV, but you also want to make sure that you’re spending your money wisely and not accidentally buying a lemon.
Because purchasing an RV is a huge monetary investment, it’s wise to do a fair amount of research into what to look for when buying a used camper so that you can feel confident when the time comes to make the purchase.
Continue reading to learn more about what to look for when buying a used motorhome or give Kirkland RV a call at (425) 318-3018 to speak with an RV expert.
7 Tips For Buying a Used RV
What are the best tips for buying a used RV?
Our RV experts at Kirkland RV have compiled this helpful checklist to ensure that you know exactly what to be aware of and what to look for when inspecting your potential RV.
Buying a used RV checklist:
- Set a budget and begin your search for RVs within your budgetary guidelines.
- Once you’ve found a potential used RV, look up online reviews about that specific RV model. What do people like about the RV model? What do they dislike about it?
- Figure out how much insurance is going to cost you for a used RV.
- Never buy a used RV that you haven’t thoroughly inspected. If the current owner is unwilling to let you view and inspect the RV, take this as a red flag that something is almost certainly wrong with the RV.
- Be on the lookout for leaks and signs of mold in the RV. While you are inspecting the RV, make sure to take a lot of time examining the ceiling and walls to ensure that there isn’t any mold or signs of leaking in the RV.
- Inspect the RV roof. If you are not extremely knowledgeable about how to assess the condition of an RV roof, bring a friend or trusted mechanic with you to inspect the roof of the RV.
- Check all the exterior panels. Everything should be dry and without signs of rust or rot.
Considering Buying a Used Travel Trailer?
If you are considering buying a used travel trailer and are unsure where to start your search, get in touch with Kirkland RV today.
Here at Kirkland RV, our lot is filled with high-quality, used travel trailers and motorhomes and we take pride in helping our customers find the ideal RV for their unique situation. If you would like to view some of the used RVs on our lot, feel free to visit or give us a call at (425) 318-3018 to speak with one of our team members about our used RV selection.
Recommended Article: How to Backup a Trailer