Are you looking for a motorhome option that will be suitable for your family, is easy to maneuver, and safe for long road trips? Are you in the Renton area, wanting to work with professionals and experts as you purchase a new or used RV? Then Kirkland RV Sales has a Class C motorhome for you. Read on to find out more about Class C motorhomes and how they’re right for you.
Class C Motorhomes in Renton
Class C motorhomes – also called mini-motorhomes – have been a consistently popular choice for RV-travelers since the early 1970s. This type of RV is roughly the size and shape of a rental moving truck. Second only to Class A in luxury and size, the Class C is a flexible motorhome that can be tailored to fit small families, a retired couple, or anyone in between. Class C motorhomes have the widest range of slide-outs available, and many additional features can be added onto newer models.
Perks and Features of Class C motorhomes include:
- Easy to maneuver: People with experience driving large trucks, such as moving trucks, will easily be able to handle it.
- Accessibility to RV while moving: The living compartments are connected to the driving area, which makes the space more available, even during travel.
- Safety: The cockpit construction of the RV is considered one of the safest RV designs.
- Towing ability: Able to tow a vehicle behind or support a carrying platform on a hitch receiver.
- More efficient heating and cooling: The smaller driving compartment with a separating curtain allows for the unit to more easily be heated or cooled than a larger motorhome.
- Spacious: Large living areas are standard, and many slide-outs are available.
- Good for larger groups: The cab-over bunk provides extra sleeping space, allowing room for 8.
Of course, there are some tradeoffs to Class C motorhomes. The same qualities that some people find appealing may be a nuisance for others.
- Size: The size of the models can make them difficult to maneuver in very tight spaces.
- Too large for cities: Most models are too bulky to drive on side streets or in city traffic, making alternative transportation necessary.
- Storage: When not in use, Class C’s require a large amount of storage area to protect it from the elements.
- Not a full-time option: Generally, not spacious enough for full-time occupancy, unless a particularly large model is chosen.
- Maintenance: Slide-outs require proper maintenance and sometimes repairs.
Cost of Class C Motorhomes
When deciding whether a Class C motorhome is the best choice for your RV budget, there are a couple of things to consider.
First, the cost of the motorhome itself. A new Class C RV will range in price from about approximately $30,000 to $100,000. Used Class C motorhomes cost significantly less, ranging in price from as low as $8,000 to upwards of $30,000. The prices will vary according to the number of slide-outs and additional features of each RV.
Second, the fuel-economy of the Class C RV. They generally achieve between 8-12 miles per gallon.
As you can see, there are a few financial considerations to make regarding the Class C motorhome. If fuel efficiency is not your priority, and the features of the RV are appealing, it may be the perfect fit!
Purchasing a Class C Motorhome
Convinced that a Class C motorhome is the best fit for your growing family in Renton? Our RV dealership has many Class C motorhomes available, with prices to fit even the tightest budget. We’re easy to access from points in the Seattle area, including Everett, Renton, and Bellevue. View our listings or contact our office to schedule an appointment to see them up close.