There are many types of motorhomes available today, but Class C Motorhomes have been among the most popular choices since the early 1970s. These traditional RVs are approximately the size and shape of a rental moving truck, and are known for being just as luxurious as Class A Motorhomes. In some cases, they can be a better choice for larger families because of their considerable sleeping areas.
Why are Class C Motorhomes a Good Choice for North Bend Residents?
Class C Motorhomes – also referred to as mini-motorhomes – are a popular choices for RV owners across the country. They are the most luxurious type of RV after Class A Motorhomes, and can be customized to fit single people, retired couples, or big families. Class C Motorhomes have an array of slide-out features, with accessories of all kinds available for newer models.
There are many benefits to owning a Class C Motorhome:
- Class C Motorhomes are easy to operate. Anyone with experience driving larger vehicles, such as moving trucks, will easily be able to maneuver these RVs.
- The living spaces and the driving compartment are connected, which allows accessibility to the entire RV while it’s in motion.
- Class C RVs have the safest cockpit design when compared to other motorhomes.
- They are able to support a carrier platform on a hitch and tow vehicles from behind.
- The smaller driving compartment is equipped with a curtain that separates it from the main living areas, allowing the RV to be heated or cooled easily.
- The sizeable living areas can be equipped with countless slide-out features.
- Class C Motorhomes can sleep the highest number of people, with a maximum of 8 adults. This is due to the over-the-cab bunk featured in all Class C designs.
Nevertheless, there are trade-offs to owning Class C Motorhomes that all potential buyers should consider. The same characteristics that some deem as a benefit can be considered as a nuisance by others. Here are some characteristics of Class C Motorhomes that may create issues.
- Class C RVs are big, and although they provide spacious living areas, they can be difficult to operate in tight spaces.
- Most Class C Motorhomes are too big for city traffic and side streets, so you may have to consider alternative transportation.
- When they are not in use, these big RVs require a lot of storage space in order to keep them protected from the elements.
- Unless you choose a particularly big model, Class C Motorhomes are not suitable for long-term living.
- Slide outs require maintenance, so you may have to repair and replace certain accessories.
Cost of a Class C Motorhome in North Bend
There are a couple of things you need to consider when you are deciding if a Class C Motorhome is the best match for your budget. Firsts, you should consider the cost of the motorhome itself. A brand new Class C Motorhome can range anywhere between $30,000 and $100,000.
Used Class C Motorhomes present a much more affordable option than new models. You can find used Class C RVs for as low as $8,000, depending on the number of accessories and slide-outs it’s equipped with.
The second thing you need to keep in mind is fuel efficiency. Class C Motorhomes can generally achieve 8-12 miles per gallon, significantly less than their Class A counterparts.
Purchase a Class C Motorhome Today!
If you are convinced that Class C Motorhomes are the best fit for your family, contact Kirkland RVs today. Our specialized RV dealership has a wide range of Class C Motorhomes available, and our prices fit any budget size. Check out our listings by clicking the image below or contact us today by calling 866.710.0064 or by filling out our online contact form today!